Tuesday 18 January 2011

Dream City Pavilion: Final Perspective

I just finish my first perspetive render and I have uploaded it here alongside the development work that I did in Sketchup to reach the final product. I would assume its not the most effecient of ways but thats the only way I know. I probably would have to learn to use Rhino or 3D Max for the rounder curves, but if I am not mistaken, Sketchup has a plugin to deal with curves.

My Dream City Pavilion is designed based upon the idea that a dream is a projection that looks and feels real, but knowing that its just mental images going through your head at night. These idea are projected into my pavilion, giving people the impression that the floating pavilion is real but provides them the doubt whether it is ever possible. The floating pavilion is supported by 4 thin columns that is precisely covered with reflective glasses, so when reflected with the surroundings, it gives the impression of a view through the structure. The circular tubes are made out of corrugated cardboard so its lightweight, making sure the columns can be thinner so it would be less obvious. Every tube is a store, a storage to your dreams, it opens and it closes, it varies all the time. To most people, dreams are unpredictable, its short, its long, it sways and its steady, but it will always be a part of you. This Pavilion is for you to store your dream, a dream city of your choice, a perfect city to provide for the next generations to come.


The final perspective is shown below. It still looks better in my head, but I do struggle if the models are not linear. I will try to tackle this project asap, and will move from small scale competitions to huge ones with 2 already in line. Comments about the design is welcome.

No comments: