Tuesday 14 December 2010

Kota Kinabalu Archway Inspiration


I was looking for precedents from my hometown itself to get some inspiration for my arch design and I only manage to find a few. It has a very typical theme to it and it looks very traditional, which is not really my cup of tea. While doing this research, I have come up with 3 gate design scheme and needing another one before sending it out. I would like to post the work up but being advice not to do so at the moment, maybe I would upload the initial rough design sketch. Honestly, none of these actually helped my design thoughts. Oh Kota Kinabalu, your design boundaries needs to be pushed, you traditional folks needs to be inspired. My mum has commented and says that my design is unique, which I would assume she does not really get it, describing my North1 design a flying fox. She would just prefer an archway across the big highway, that is not going to happen. Anyways, back to the drawing board, just needing a little bit more inspiration, I would just have to go back to the basic, getting inspired by Kota Kinabalu's culture and nature.

No comments: