Wednesday 29 December 2010

Fantasy:Dream:Freudian Psychology

I was initially interested in Fantasy Architecture, a concept that would stimulate ones imagination and creativity when it is being look at or experienced. The idea of integrating Fantasy and Dynamic Architecture becomes an apparent choice which means alot of research and understanding should take place. As I was doing my research on Fantasy, which in itself relates to Dreams, it conveys a very in depth knowledge that leads to Psychoanalysis or Freudian Psychology, is a body of ideas developed by Austrian neurologist Sigmund Freud and continued by others. It is primarily devoted to the study of human psychological functioning and behavior, although it can also be applied to societies.

I quote "To a psychoanalyst, the architecture of dreams is a uniquely Freudian concept, since prior to Freud's extraordinary insights into the dynamic armature of dreaming, dreams were thought of as baffling, formless entities that were not considered to be serious raw material for scientific study like other identifiable phenomena in the universe. Freud changed all that by suggesting that the manifest appearance of a dream may seem nonsensical, but the latent thoughts that have been expressed through an elaborate system of disguises are anything but nonsensical and can be deciphered, if the interpreter becomes aware of the dream-work that has so disfigured them."

All I ever wanted was to create or design something that would contribute towards and city, a focal point that seeks to become a design catalyst, a place of amusement and filled with light and happiness and nothing so in depth. The only in depth product in my design would be the amount of technology put into the idea. I feel kind of shallow after admiting defeat to that Psychoanalyst but I dont feel comfortable for some odd reason. I Wikipedia-ed Psycholoanalysis and a dodgy couch was shown, I am given the impression of it being dark, unhappy with negative aura. Taking some time off reading Vincent Callebaut's Biotechnologies article, my few handful of favourite architects. Also borrowing Fluid Mechanics just to see if it is applicable to my Gate design.

No comments: