Saturday 26 February 2011

Inspirational Singapore [3]

As I came down, walk through the mall and out again, I came across a bridge which I did not expect to see at all. Its the Helix Bridge designed by COX Architect, whom I applied to for work but has no reply at all.Sniff. Anyways, before crossing the World Best Structure Design of 2010, I had time to appreciate the Museum that was under construction at a closer view. It is interesting but I am not sure how practical the walls are, if I only have the chance to view the interior.


The bridge structure was really interesting and complicated at first, but it comes at a repetitive pattern as a double helix, the first in the world that provides inherent strenght to the bridge and the walkway.


There was a Chinese New Year celebration right after the bridge, I came across a model that was out of places in relation to the fiasco that was going on and it is a huge model of The Pinnacle designed by MPKL. The model next to it is a structure made out from plastic water models.


Last thing, I did not qualify for the Jardins Jardin this year and the Pavilion competition in New York. Quote from the Pavilion email 'Unfortunately, your submitted design proposal was not selected as a finalist in this year's competition' and the Jardins's email 'The jury gathered last week and studied carefully your project. They found it interesting but however didn't keep it for the exhibition.' Finding it interesting does not really help. But anyways, I will be working in Singapore from May onwards, so the only competitions I can join would be with the big boys. Student life is over, its time to take a step forward. It is a scary thought.

No comments: