Monday 14 June 2010

Jardins Jardin Exhibition - 1st Day

This is the entrance into the exhibition. It is situated at the entrance of Tuileries which is by the Place de la Concorde. The entrance fee is 11 euro, but I was given 2 free tickets for my dad and sis who came with me for the exhibition.

This is me, the blob, standing beside my work. I only manage to get a loose bamboo 'board' because the A0 timber board is huge and heavy, and to carry it around town through the busy metro from BVS to Tuileries would be a nightmare. It was also a rush and the organisors should have told us what we need to do and bring. When I went to WAF in Barcelona, the applicants only needed pins as everything is provided.


The exhibition receives a national coverage through france 3, but obviously they would be concentrating on the winners. We shortlisters are obsolete, utilising this opportunity to find interested people among the private and public viewers.

Out of all the garden designs, the egg shaped garden got my vote. It was pretty amazing in comparison with other gardens. It is made out of concrete with leaf pattern on the outside and 'bottle bottoms' on the inside. The Bubble Shed, in my opinion serves no purpose apart from aesthetic and being cool. The Green big chairs reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, the chair shaped like the guards.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Well done on being shortlisted Nigel! Something to be very proud of!

naijiao said...

Thank you Rachel, I am a happy boy. :) Took your A0 downs? Hope you have a great summer.